Vanquish VRD Carbon Kit
The Vanquish Products VRD Carbon Kit is our very first competition level platform brought to life by some of the industry’s most experienced designers in the RC rock crawling segment. Utilizing an all new Lightweight Spec VFD Transmission and updated F10 competition inspired portal axles the VRD Carbon Kit is a highly competitive, predictable and versatile platform. The heart of the VRD Carbon Kit is a matte finish 3mm thick pair of carbon fiber frame rails mated to the 6 degree flat skid plate. The molded chassis components and skid plate place the lightweight spec VFD transmission as low as possible into the VRD chassis. For the first time the front F10 Portal axle is equipped with a servo on axle and 4-link. Front and rear axles include weighted brass tube inserts in addition to the front alloy knuckle weights to keep the center of gravity as low as possible, translating to a high performance driving experience.
- Lightweight Spec VFD Transmission
- 3mm Matte Carbon Fiber Frame Rails – 6 degree flat skid plate
- 37% Overdrive
- F10 Portal Axles
- Brass weight tubes in axles
- Alloy heavy portal knuckle weights
- Front Axle Overdrive Portal gears
- Rear Axle Standard Portal Gears
- Lightweight Machined Chromoly VFD Transmission Gears
- Machined Spool, Ring Gear, Pinion gear in axles
- Chromoly Universal axle shafts
- Hard Anodized Shock Bodies
- Stainless Steel Links with HD Bent rear links
- Incision Pro M4 Rod Ends
- Stamped Aluminum Rock Sliders
- Adjustable multi point body mounting system
The Vanquish Products VRD Carbon chassis is equipped with all new molded chassis components that provide a tunable platform to adapt to the most demanding terrain. Multiple shock and body mounting positions combined with minimalistic front/rear interchangeable bumpers make body mounting and fitment straight forward. Stamped aluminum rock sliders provide a flat location for electronics and/or battery mounting and are able to support and protect your body.
The center of the VRD Carbon Kit is the new lightweight spec VFD transmission. Equipped with a lightweight machined aluminum motor plate, aluminum motor plate standoffs, while omitting the cosmetic VFD tunnel for a high performance appearance. Internally the VFD is equipped with machined aluminum bearing plates and machined lightweight chromoly gears. Each internal gear has been re-designed to be as lightweight as possible dropping the weight of the overall transmission but maintaining a high level of durability. The T-Case has a built in 21% overdrive.
The Front F10 Portal axle has overdrive portal gears while the Rear F10 portal axle has the standard ratio gears, combined with the VFD overdrive the final overdrive percentage is 37%. Both axles include brass weighted tubes inside in addition to the alloy portal knuckle covers on the front axle. This is the heaviest spec F10 axle yet keeping the center of gravity as low as possible and the weight bias forward.
The VRD Carbon Kit includes the Incision S8E shocks with hard anodized shock bodies and multiple length tuning rod ends for a final length range of 85-95mm. Heavy duty stainless steel lower suspension links and lightweight upper links connect the chassis to the axles with the new Incision Pro M4 rod ends. The rear lower links are bent for maximum breakover clearance. Multiple shock mounting locations and tunable shock length allow for a high range of ride height and breakover adjustment.
- 1/10th Scale
- Front Axle Ratio 5.25:1
- Rear Axle Ratio 6.25:1
- Pinion 15T 32P
- Spur 52T 32P
- Overall Width Hex to Hex – 200mm (7.87”)
- Wheelbase – 322mm (12.67”)
- Overall Front Ratio 46.5:1
- Overall Rear Ratio 68:1
- Final Overdrive 37%
Required Items to Complete:
- Comp Style Body
- 1.9 x 4.75” Tires (recommended)
- 1.9 Wheels (Vanquish Products or SLW Hub Compatible wheels required)
- Transmitter / Receiver
- Steering servo (25 spline 20mm Servo Horn included)
- 540 Motor
- Battery (35mm x 35mm x 100mm Maximum)